Talk

Advanced search

Cakes on a train

(5 Posts)
milkorplain Fri 16-Jan-15 10:44:16

My son (14) goes to a music college in London on the train once a week. I bake for the College's volunteer-run cafe, and my son takes the cakes in with him. He can't return later in his day to the cafe to reclaim my plastic boxes, so I need a way for him to carry bakes in his rucksack, and the cafe volunteers need to be able to recycle or bin the container I use.
I did find some traybake foil tins with card lids in my local 99p Store, but they have vanished. Any ideas?

Trumpton Fri 16-Jan-15 11:01:57

Just a thought , but if you had two clearly marked containers could he pick the empty one up when he drops off the full one ?
My DD did that when she baked for a local cafe.

milkorplain Fri 16-Jan-15 11:17:31

Thank you. I might have to go down that route. I had the same thought early on, but my son ... well he's amazing at the piano, clarinet, violin & viola but just a TINY bit less good at knowing his nether regions from his elbow. Your idea of labelling efficiently is a good one, though. The ladies and gents of the cafe might begin to link his passing smiley face with my name on those boxes. Maybe I should have changed my name when I married - then our surnames would match! I will look out for a couple of sturdy boxes that I can release on the world....

senua Fri 16-Jan-15 11:22:40

We are just post-Chritmas: do you your friends have lots of Celebrations boxes going begging? They are ideal for an 8" cake although I have been told that, in these recessionary times, they are not as tall as they used to be.

Cardboard cake boxes - you can get them on ebay?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: