Talk

Advanced search

What can I make with these ingredients - please inspire me!!

(5 Posts)
somepeoplearesomean Fri 16-Jan-15 10:30:10

In the fridge I have:
asparagus, onions (spanish and spring), broccoli, one giant mushroom, celery that's looking a bit tired, a jar of pesto, a few sausages and a couple of potatoes, lettuce, cooked meats, tuna, milk, cheese spread.
Freezer - salmon, cod, burgers.
Cupboard - canned tomatoes, baked beans, various herbs and seasonings/stock, rice, pasta, lentils.

Any fantastic meal ideas? It's for 2 adults, 3 kids. DH won't eat fish so that needs to be kept separate from everything else!

Lovage Fri 16-Jan-15 11:16:37

How about risotto using the asparagus, onion, broccoli, mushroom and celery + actual cheese if you have any or, if not, some stock and/or wine.

Silverjohnleggedit Fri 16-Jan-15 11:37:45

Minestrone or curry.

NotTheKitchenAgainPlease Fri 16-Jan-15 15:15:53

Break up the burgers for mince and make bolognaise / chilli con carne (wash the tomato sauce off tge beans and add at the end)
Tuna pasta
Sausage pasta / toad in the hole
What sort of lentils? Will your kids eat dahl? Or lentil soup?
You can make meatballs by de-skinning sausages and mixing with some burger meat and have with tomato sauce and pasta.
Mushroom, veg bits in a vegetable pilaf rice type thing. You could serve it with fish on the side.
Toasted sandwiches with the cooked meat and cheese spread croque Monsieur style.
If there's spare burger meat make a big pan of stew - celery, mince, potatoes, stock any spare veg.
How many meals do you need?

Slongette Fri 16-Jan-15 15:18:45

Spanish omelette/frittata thing with the asparagus, onion, mushroom, sausage, potato and cheese.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: