Talk

Advanced search

Jamie Oliver's panettone bread and butter pudding - prepare in advance?

(9 Posts)
Curlybrunette Fri 09-Jan-15 11:51:57

Hi,

I am going to a friend's house tonight and am going to take Jamie Oliver's chocolate panettone B&B pud, can I prepare it now and cook it there? I want us to be able to eat it fresh out the oven not reheated. I thought it would be ok to prepare early and just let it sit but didn't know if that could break down the panettone too much?

Thanks,
x

Threetoedsloth Fri 09-Jan-15 14:06:49

I made this on Boxing day, and let it sit around to soak well before baking.So yes, you can make it in advance. It went down an absolute storm (and we're a family of very fussy foodies) Enjoy!

Marmaladecat1 Fri 09-Jan-15 14:18:00

Can I ask where you found the fruit free pannetone? Thanks

orangefusion Sun 11-Jan-15 17:17:24

Aldi had plain panetonne in December for £2. The pudding it created was divine! If I could be bothered to go back to Aldi I would go and get another to make it again.

It can be made in advance but it wont last long, it is sooo good.

Threetoedsloth Sun 11-Jan-15 17:36:36

If you can't find the plain panettone the fruit one works fine.

orangefusion Sun 11-Jan-15 19:13:40

Thanks threetoad, I have a fruit one sitting here in a box of naff Italian stuff I got as a gift. Pudding next weekend. Yum.

MyCatLovesMeSometimes Sun 11-Jan-15 19:18:23

I made a bread and butter panettone on NY day an hour in advance for the custard to soak into the bread. It was fruit but I added some sultanas soaked overnight in ameretto and that was gorgeous.

HarlotOTara Sun 11-Jan-15 19:33:57

I have made it with fruited and chocolate both good. I gave a pandoro is that considered a plain panettone?

Curlybrunette Mon 12-Jan-15 13:33:00

Morrisons are selling choc chip panettone for £1 at the moment.

Thanks for your replies, I made it and bloody loved it. Will defo be one I'll make again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now