Talk

Advanced search

Have some pork tenderloin

(10 Posts)
HalleLouja Thu 08-Jan-15 12:21:31

What could I cook with it?

Have made stir fry from half of it already and no clue what to do with the rest. Have lots of things in my larder and veg too.

Am thinking something with apples but need some inspiration.

Thanks.

RojaGato Thu 08-Jan-15 17:44:12

How about...

Wrap in bacon or parma ham, sear in a hot pan, then pop in oven to finish cooking. Serve with either an apple sauce or caramelised fried apple slices, plus boiled potatoes with some olive oil and smoked paprika and a salad.

Cut into medallions, fry, make a sauce from pan juices, a wee bit of cream and some mustard. Serve with mash, apple sauce, fried onions and maybe a wee bit of black pudding if you like it (either in medallions or through the mash).

Fry some cubed/sliced chorizo and onions in a pan, then add the pork cut into medallions. Add some chopped cherry tomatoes or a small tin of tomatoes and some butter or cannelini beans, simmer for a short time. At teh end of cooking, add some thyme. Serve with crusty bread and a crisp salad (I liek rocket with a balsamic dressing).

AlpacaLypse Thu 08-Jan-15 17:47:49

Cut into one inch slices, bash flat with a tenderiser (or the bottom of a clean jamjar), coat in egg and breadcrumb, fry, serve with tagliatelle, tomato sauce and lemon juice. My mum's cunning cheapo version of Weiner Schnitzel smile

Lunaballoon Thu 08-Jan-15 17:50:48

This is seriously good!

SteveBrucesNose Thu 08-Jan-15 17:53:53

Nice simple one and just cover it in a simple BBQ sauce and cook in the oven ? Sauce takes 5 mins to make and is tasty. Can't remember the recipe off the top of my head but I use a slimming world recipe.

Lunaballoon Thu 08-Jan-15 17:54:10

Sorry, just noticed you've already done a stir fry, but Bill Granger's recipe is a bit different anyway.

agoodbook Thu 08-Jan-15 17:55:42

I use this recipe a lot- I'm sure you could adjust it to fit!http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/pork/fast-roast-pork-with-rosemary-and-caramelised-apples.html

Dancingqueen17 Thu 08-Jan-15 22:34:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HalleLouja Fri 09-Jan-15 10:28:48

Some good ideas thank you. I don't have any cider but do have chorizo.

Hoppinggreen Fri 09-Jan-15 11:50:21

Stick it in rice wth chorizo, spinach and paprika to make a sort f Spanish rice type thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now