Talk

Advanced search

if you have a vegetarian dc...

(5 Posts)
mabelbabel Mon 05-Jan-15 10:42:12

...what is your/their favourite restaurant? Looking for inspiration.

Bolshybookworm Mon 05-Jan-15 11:31:00

As a vegetarian adult, it's normally Indian (particularly South Indian as a lot of the dishes are veggie and the flavours are amazing) or thai. Wagamamas has a decent veggie selection (although you have to ask for the normal noodles- for some reason all the veggie stuff comes with brown rice or wholemeal noodles- bleuch). Depends on your child, really. I was a veggie kid but very fussy, so my favourite was anywhere that did good chips and beans (pretty much all I ate for 10 years)!

KitKat1985 Mon 05-Jan-15 13:14:31

As an adult I also like Indian food much like PP. For children I would think a local Italian might work well? Almost guaranteed at least a few veggie pizza / pasta choices, and pretty safe to assume most children will eat these. Plus plenty of choice for the rest of the family.

Most major chains (E.G, Harvester etc) I find fairly disappointing with their veggie range, but Las Iguanas is nice (plus do nice cocktails, but that's maybe for you than DCs grin )

mabelbabel Mon 05-Jan-15 15:58:16

Thanks - just trying to find some alternatives to cheese and tomato pizza!

Mumzy Mon 05-Jan-15 18:10:05

Wahaca - as many if more veggie options as the meat ones. Love the taste and textures of the food served. Their burritos are to die for

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now