Talk

Advanced search

Nobody died (yet)

(7 Posts)
Middleagedmotheroftwo Sun 04-Jan-15 01:36:40

Tonight we ate the last of the Christmas Day beef. No one has died yet, or even shows any signs of being ill. Is this a record? We made a curry out of it, if that has any bearing on the matter.

Redtartanshoes Sun 04-Jan-15 01:38:09

Tomorrow... You'll be sorry.

Good start to the new year diet though. 3 days of D+V wink

Middleagedmotheroftwo Sun 04-Jan-15 01:46:51

grin I could do with a kick start and a reason not to have to go back to work on Monday

pregnantpause Sun 04-Jan-15 11:27:49

We finished the turkey on Thursday. Alls well. I don't know if we have particularly strong constitutions in this house but we regularly take a week to eat all the meat of a roast

Middleagedmotheroftwo Sun 04-Jan-15 13:59:14

We're still all alive and kicking. No adverse consequences.
I don't understand why people throw away so much perfect OK food.

MyCatHasStaff Sun 04-Jan-15 14:03:05

While I don't wish to burst your bubble, food poisoning can take as long as 10 days to brew. This is why it's often so difficult to know what the culprit was, people assume an immediate or 24 hour reaction. Not always so.
Still, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Sun 04-Jan-15 14:56:40

I'm confident we'll be fine. Its not the first time,and won't be the last. I work on the principle that "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" - and throw very little food out. I'm pretty sure we all have cast iron stomachs by now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now