Talk

Advanced search

Going to start the new term with meal planning!

(8 Posts)
QuicheConverter Sat 03-Jan-15 22:28:12

Have spent the day going through our cupboards and ditching out of date stuff, and checking what's in the freezer already etc and think I'm ready to turn over a new leaf and meal plan. have written out each day and what we're doing and am going to bear in mind whether I am at work/DCs have activities etc. Any other tips to make it successful?

I have started online shopping and bought a delivery pass so that I can shop more regularly as I feel that big shops less often were leading to a lot of unplanned/wasted food.

Anyone want to join in and meal plan from Monday?

MinnieM1 Sat 03-Jan-15 22:33:03

I always meal plan, I dot know how people shop without one!
I only buy whatever we need for each meal, I meal plan lunches too and then breakfast stuff is just stuff that is always in
My advice would be to meal plan lunches, and adjust your meal plan after you've shopped according to use by dates so you're not having a last minute panic when you go to cook and the chicken is out of date

Dancingqueen17 Sun 04-Jan-15 01:21:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

QuicheConverter Sun 04-Jan-15 10:06:23

Good tips thank you. Have bought for packed lunches that can be eaten at work or home to save on buying stuff when out too.

snice Sun 04-Jan-15 10:14:03

Every few weeks I think it's worth doing a mini stock take of cupboards/freezer to see what needs buying to make it into proper meals. Otherwise things languish in freezer for months.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 04-Jan-15 13:42:29

Are there any apps to help ? I was thinking of getting more organised too this year !! So busy working I sometimes forget I need to feed the family too !!! Whoops !!! shock

mrspremise Sun 04-Jan-15 14:02:02

I use Food Planner (on Android) and find it really helpful

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 04-Jan-15 15:15:44

Oooh just looked at that one ! And the waitrose one !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now