Talk

Advanced search

Trifle

(3 Posts)
tkband3 Mon 29-Dec-14 19:41:59

I made a huge trifle on Saturday afternoon for a big lunch yesterday. There's loads left and DH and I are unlikely to eat much more of it. We're going to a New Year's Eve party - will it be ok to eat then? Both the cream and custard are use by 5 January and there's a bit of alcohol in it to help preserve it smile. I don't want to poison anyone, but I can't bring myself to simply throw it away!

dreamingofsun Mon 29-Dec-14 22:32:53

one of the reasons i gave up making trifle at christmas was because there was always loads left and it didn't seem to keep that well. the colours just seemed to fade into each other and it went a bit too mushy.

i would say no. it will look as if you are offloading your old food and i think by then it will look very unappertising......but i could be proved wrong. yours may be different recipe to mine

tkband3 Tue 30-Dec-14 15:01:05

I took it out of the fridge this morning and it does look rather unappetising! Tastes ok, but I'm not going to risk it smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now