Talk

Advanced search

veg that needs using. help!

(8 Posts)
Meplusyouequals4 Sun 28-Dec-14 13:58:35

I have veg left over from Christmas and it needs using before it goes bad.

I have

Parsnips
Butternut squash
Beetroot
Sweet potatoes
Chantaney carrots

What can I do with them? Only allergy is to onions.

LuisSuarezTeeth Sun 28-Dec-14 14:00:20

Roast it all with some garlic and olive oil and perhaps some herbs? Would make a very colourful mix smile

3littlefrogs Sun 28-Dec-14 14:02:14

Soup.
Do you have any bones/carcass that you can boil up for stock?

I am just finishing the last of the butternut squash and sweet potato soup that I made on Christmas day.

I sweat the veg in butter, season with salt and pepper and a little bit of nutmeg, than add chicken or vegetable stock and blend it all together.

I am not sure whether I would add the beetroot though, but the others would all go well together.

Meplusyouequals4 Sun 28-Dec-14 14:02:19

Do I put them all out at the same time? And for how long?

dancemom Sun 28-Dec-14 14:03:02

Roast it and make a vegetarian lasagna

Meplusyouequals4 Sun 28-Dec-14 14:03:53

3littlefrogs soup sounds nice DH did the food shop and it bought way to much veg Lol

3littlefrogs Sun 28-Dec-14 14:08:54

The advantage of the soup is that it takes very little time and effort - but the other ideas all sound good too.

JontyDoggle37 Sun 28-Dec-14 14:15:54

I'm just in the middle of making 'Christmas Soup' - onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, black pepper, with roasted carrots and parsnips and roast potatoes thrown in. It will all get blitzed at the end, the potatoes will add a nice thickness and it will taste yummy - and best of all, completed start to finish in twenty minutes or so!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now