Talk

Advanced search

please share your meal plans with me

(4 Posts)
Fevertree Sat 27-Dec-14 15:23:15

I have decided I really want to give meal planning a go, to save some money, and to ensure there is always something for dinner (and less so, work lunches too)

We are a vegetarian family with one young daughter (1yo) so veggie friendly meals plans and recipes especially interesting!

Thanks in advance

pregnantpause Sat 27-Dec-14 18:25:26

I don't know if it's especially interesting but my two weekly veg meal plan would be

Sunday- nut and lentil loaf with veg and gravy - slice and fry any left loaf in butter until crispy on outside ( freeze what you don't use tomorrow)

Monday- lunch- a slice of but roast in a sandwich with mustard and some salad leaves

Tea- butternut squash and red pepper lasagne and salad (roast the splash and peppers first- cut in half rubbed with garlic and oil and roughly chopped when removed- save a quarter for tomorrow's lunch)

Tuesday- lunch- squash cous cous( yesterday's squash in cous cous with a squeeze of lemon, coriander and some mint leaves)

Tea- noodle soup ( I'll call it ramen if feeling posh) - noodles in stock with mange tout, pepper, chilli, ginger, pak choi, coriander and soy sauce

Wednesday- lunch - egg mayo sandwich

Tea- root veg ( parsnip, swede, potato, maybe celeriac) gratin with steamed broccoli

Thursday- same as Wednesday because it's impossible to only make enough egg mayo for one sandwich

Tea- Courgette, pine nut , feta and rice filo pie ( Thursday I finish work early so I have time to cook)

Friday- lunch - leftover pie

Tea- Mezze patatas bravas, roasted red peppers, humous or other dip type thing

Saturday- lunch- veg pizza, red onion and goats cheese, potato and rosemary, whatever I have in really

Tea- veg chilli and rice

Sunday- roast potatoes, parsnips and carrots ( I make extra for Tuesday) with a fried egg ( sounds odd but it's basically 'chips' and egg)

Monday- lunch as last week I take a slice of loaf from freezer

Tea- jambalaya

Tuesday- lunch left over jambalaya

Tea- bubble and squeak with leftovers from Sunday with an onion and any other veg added

Wednesday- lunch cous cous with herbs and lemon ( a bit of pepper if there's any spare)

Tea- aubergine or courgette parmigiana with salad

Thursday- lunch as yesterday

Tea- red lentil dhal and flatbreads

Friday- lunch dhal and pitta ( I find flatbreads don't keep over night)

Tea- leek and potato soup with good bread

Saturday- lunch leftover soup

Tea- medjera ( a lentil onion thing- google ottolenghis it is lovely)

Fevertree Sat 27-Dec-14 21:56:35

Thanks very much, I haven't made one single thing from your plan so it sounds lovely!! Will certainly be giving those all a try.

AmericasTorturedBrow Mon 29-Dec-14 19:27:18

Marking place - brilliant meal plan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now