Talk

Advanced search

Best slow cooked beef recipes?

(5 Posts)
RainDancer Fri 26-Dec-14 22:39:24

Am doing dinner for 8 on Sunday. Fancy a nice hearty, comforting meal. Very keen on doing dauphinois potatoes but not sure what to put with it. I would go for lamb every time but half the guests don't like it (damn) so am thinking a slow cooked beef recipe instead. Can only think of boeuf bourgignon, but wondering whether that is too rich to go with dauphinois? Any other ideas?

applecatchers36 Fri 26-Dec-14 22:47:01

Beef adobo is lush. Braising beef with onions, garlic, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, caster sugar, salt & pepper , fry in pan (brown meat) with little flour, transfer to slow cooker with beef stock slow cook for 7 hours. Serve with rice
& squeeze of lime.

butterfliesinmytummy Fri 26-Dec-14 22:51:03

Jamie Oliver does a great beef stew, Jools favourite beef stew or something like that. All the veggies (bn squash, carrots, mushrooms etc) are in it so I do a side of broccoli / green veg and potatoes or crusty bread and it does beautifully well in the slow cooker. He mentions specifically not to brown the meat, just chuck everything in. I was very skeptical as have ways always browned meat for tenderness and flavor but it is amazing.

RainDancer Fri 26-Dec-14 22:56:28

Drool. Both of those suggestions sound delish. Off to Google!

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Fri 26-Dec-14 23:06:16

BBC good food recipe is fantastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now