Talk

Advanced search

Wheat free base for cheesecake?

(6 Posts)
CarbeDiem Mon 22-Dec-14 18:39:13

Dh is craving a cheesecake but can't eat wheat.
I'm thinking a biscuit type base maybe using oats, coconut, honey and butter.
Does anyone have any better suggestions please?

I've posted in Allergies too.

MisForMumNotMaid Mon 22-Dec-14 18:42:24

I'd go for a pack of gluten free digestives, crush about half a pack, add a heaped spoon sugar, heat about an oz butter to melt. Mix the lot together and press into the bottom of a tin with removable base.

RojaGato Tue 23-Dec-14 11:54:59

Gluten free biscuits crushed, or whizz together nuts of your choice (pecans are good) plus a few medjool dates in a food processor. The dates make it stick together. It's a raw foodists trick. There will be lots of recipes with quantities if you google "raw cheesecake".

CMOTDibbler Tue 23-Dec-14 11:56:27

Either gf biscuits, or ground almonds, some cinnamon, sugar and butter. The nut base is really nice

Petallic Tue 23-Dec-14 11:57:30

Are amaretti biscuits wheat free? I think they're ground almonds and sugar. I've had them as a choc cheesecake base if that's any help

CarbeDiem Tue 23-Dec-14 19:41:17

Thanks guys.
Sadly where I live is absolutely rubbish at GF/WF there's some things but not much. UK is much better, so much so - Dh gets his mum to send him free from pasta smile

I made a flapjack type base with oats, coconut, butter and home made Golden syrup (something else I can't get here)
Cheesecake currently chilling in the fridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now