Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

can you direct me to your easy, failsafe, yummy chicken curry recipes?

(3 Posts)
alabasterangel Mon 15-Dec-14 16:39:42

I'm feeding lots on Saturday. I'm doing a few curry dishes; a dahl, muttar paneer and a chickpea curry (and rice and breads), but I want to do a chicken curry too. I'm vegetarian myself but have no objection to cooking or serving chicken, but obviously that means I can't taste it beforehand so I need it to be 'guaranteed' edible, and preferably not too hot as there is a broad spectrum of guests and the chickpea curry is poky anyway.....

Give me your failsafe recipes, please?

TyneTeas Mon 15-Dec-14 18:56:54

Could you not cook the sauce without the chicken so you can taste it, and then add separately cooked chicken?

Or if you aren't looking for something in a sauce, you could marinaded some chicken, that wouldn't need to be tasted.

This marinade is quite mild but tasty
tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/chicken-kebabs.html

This is a bit spicier (about typical tandoori heat)
tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/spicy-chicken-drumsticks.html

or you could just throw a load of chicken, peppers and rice in a pan and have something like this
tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/spicy-golden-rice-and-chicken.html

RojaGato Tue 16-Dec-14 04:39:53

What about tandoori chicken?

www.food.com/recipe/restaurant-style-tandoori-chicken-in-the-oven-327824

Make the marinade the day before, leave it overnight, then on the day it's just a simple case of cooking it whilst you get on with the rest. you can taste the marinade before you pop the chicken in, to get the seasoning right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now