Talk

Advanced search

I need a recipe for a vegetarian pasta dish for 20 people ASAP

(13 Posts)
Crazy8 Mon 15-Dec-14 14:53:09

I desperately need a recipe for a vegetarian pasta dish urgently. I need it to feed around 20 people and preferably it should have a tomato base.

Crazy8 Mon 15-Dec-14 14:53:43

Sorry should have said sauce not base.

Artandco Mon 15-Dec-14 14:57:56

Aubergine and tomatoe

Mostlyjustaluker Mon 15-Dec-14 17:56:01

Tomato and roast med veg.

TheWordFactory Mon 15-Dec-14 17:57:51

Jars or cartons of passata. Add salt, red wine and mascarpone cheese.

Pour over pasta!

FunkyBoldRibena Mon 15-Dec-14 18:04:22

Any veggie pasta recipe, multiplied up for 20 people. 2kg of dried pasta cooked up for 15 mins. Pour sauce over pasta. Have cheese grated to go on top.

Chandon Mon 15-Dec-14 18:09:31

Lasagna, with spinach, ricotta cheese and tomato sauce.

letsplaynice Mon 15-Dec-14 18:10:47

Fried mushrooms red pesto and cream cheese and a wee bit of pasta water to thin it down.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Mon 15-Dec-14 18:15:40

yes to pesto, you could have a couple of different types and let people choose their own.

my dh also makes a nice one with mushrooms, creme fraiche, spinach and Gorgonzola, basically added to a frying pan in that order then poured over pasta.

RojaGato Tue 16-Dec-14 07:32:52

Tomato sauce with garlic and chilli, add plenty of grilled/jarred red pappers sliced into strips. When you take sauce off heat stir in a little bit of cream and garnish with chopped parsley.

mrsnec Tue 16-Dec-14 07:39:33

Make a sauce just by simmering passata with garlic and seasoning. Add handfuls of frozen spinach until it's melted. Mix with the pasta and a bit of pasta water then throw either pine nuts or crumbled feta over the top.

pourmeanotherglass Tue 16-Dec-14 07:47:12

Lasagne would work well, as you don't have to do much at the last minute when you want. to be with your guests. Pasta can be a tricky choice for a big group, as if you cook to much in one pan it takes ages to come back to the boil after you've added the pasta, then it can go a bit floury. Lasagna would avoid this problem.

Why pasta? Agree that pasta for loads of people is a pain, unless you make a couple of lasagnes in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now