Talk

Advanced search

Please help - Gluten free bread and breadmaker

(2 Posts)
paulajrf Mon 15-Dec-14 00:52:41

Hello,

My son is gluten free, dairy free, soya free, egg free, nut free, yeast free. I have been used to this diet for 15 years with him, but now it feels like I am starting over again as I found out last week in a range of tests that he also has allergies to plants. He did have EnerG bread for years as it is yeast free on prescription. But now we find it has safflower in it which he can't have. He also can't have sunflower.

I am desperately looking for a recipie that I can make in a bread maker with the restrictions above hopefully using Dove Farm Bread flour. Otherwise, I have no idea what I am going to feed him on at lunchtimes!

Please can anyone help me with this.

Many thaks in advance,

RojaGato Mon 15-Dec-14 03:36:29

Not quite what you're looking for but different solution to similar situation. Can he have chestnuts? My husband has similar list of things he can't have and I make castagnaccios- chestnut flour, olive oil and water. Made in oven in little silicon moulds to be like two sides of a bun. Use the proportions in this recipe but with just the three ingredients not all the extra bits.

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/mar/21/hugh-fearnley-whittingstall

Also just make potato salad with olive oil/vinegar or lemon juice dressing as the carsb in a lunchbox with cold meat and some salad/vegetables rather than sandwiches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now