Talk

Advanced search

Rabbit recipes

(7 Posts)
DrDre Wed 10-Dec-14 16:16:41

I have just bought a rabbit from the butchers. I've never cooked one before, has anyone got any suggestions for a good recipe? Thanks

Allalonenow Wed 10-Dec-14 16:31:08

I often make a casserole with onions garlic tomatoes red peppers and white wine, works well served with rice or cous-cous.
But I buy joints, you might want to do something more special with a whole rabbit, have you looked at the BBC food website?
Maybe something like braised and served with a mushroon sauce?

pregnantpause Wed 10-Dec-14 18:18:47

James martins braised rabbit parpadelle is honestly one of the nicest things I've ever cooked. Absolutely delicious. If you google it it's on good food website.

Casserole is another good option.

Jamie's rabbit bolognaise isn't very nice if you come across it hmm don't waste your rabbit.

tharsheblows Wed 10-Dec-14 18:34:38

I've made this with rabbit before (and made it with chicken tonight) - it's super easy and good www.mumsnet.com/Talk/food_and_recipes/410393-i-tried-something-new-last-night-and-it-came-out

PetiteRaleuse Thu 11-Dec-14 22:12:54

I do rabbit on the hob, with onions garlic, some white wine and most importantly smothered in grainy dijon mustard. Season to taste and wait til it is cooked, lid on. Yum.

RojaGato Thu 11-Dec-14 22:47:58

Brown, then casserole with stock, a bit of red wine and some herbs. Some bacon never hurts as rabbit is very lean.

Also sometimes make a stew with hare and venison, but that needs a bot of notice.

DrDre Sat 13-Dec-14 12:20:08

Thanks guys - I'm going to try James Martins braised rabbit parpadelle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now