Talk

Advanced search

tefal 8 in 1 cooker

(8 Posts)
Chumpster Tue 09-Dec-14 13:25:39

Hello. Has anyone used one of these before? I'm tempted as I want to buy a slow cooker and it looks like this one could do all sorts of other things too (particularly make our porridge for the morning)
. But I'm not one for gadgets particularly so don't want to waste my money. We've got to choose a present worth about £50 from my bil and sil. I'd really like to choose something fun and exciting, but budgets are a bit tight at the moment in our house so I'm thinking is this a sensible option as I was going to buy a slow cooker anyway...

Chumpster Tue 09-Dec-14 13:26:09

www.johnlewis.com/tefal-rk302e15-8-in-1-multi-cooker/p231378165#tabinfo-ratings - these

FoxSticks Tue 09-Dec-14 13:30:26

Oh I wish you hadn't posted that. I'm a sucker for gadgets and now I'm thinking I need one of these even though my slow cooker is languishing in the cupboard.

It gets good reviews.

mupperoon Tue 09-Dec-14 13:32:37

I bought one recently! Makes great porridge and also 12 hour pulled pork. I have tried the rice setting once, wasn't that impressed. Glad i bought it though.

Chumpster Tue 09-Dec-14 13:38:55

It does look pretty fab doesn't it! I can make quite good rice on the hob, so not too fussed about its rice capabilities. The porridge thing is very tempting though for when I go back to work when mornings will be more of a rush. As long as it doesn't go the same way as my george foreman grill - 5 min wonder...

FoxSticks Tue 09-Dec-14 13:46:34

Ha! My George Forman was the same! I'm not a big fan of slow cookers but I'm crap at rice and like the thought of porridge in the morning. I love rice pudding too! And handy to be able to steam veg in it. I'm talking myself into this now and mupperoons good review doesn't help grin

mupperoon Tue 09-Dec-14 14:47:52

Soz fox! smile

sometimesyouwin Tue 09-Dec-14 15:54:19

I've had one since June and love it! I bought it mainly to use as a slow cooker so haven't tried all its functions yet. I do slow cooked lamb and veg, chilli, cooked gammon joints and all sorts. It's very easy to clean. I'd definitely recommend it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now