Talk

Advanced search

What shall I make for New Years Eve

(6 Posts)
Graterater Sun 07-Dec-14 20:10:55

There will be six of us so dont to worry about oven space etc. we also plan to eat quite late and have lots of nibbles before hand so it can be time consuming and complex. Making the dinner will sort of
Be part of the new year activity.

I love to cook and often have people over but don't get a chance to cook complicated stuff very often due to kids etc. So a fun opportunity. I pretty much always do some form of slow cooked meat and a few interesting ish sides so want to branch out.

Thought about maybe theming it (not in a naff way). Any ideas? Maybe proper Mexican food? Like proper Mole not old el paso!

Pudding?

Dancingyogi Mon 08-Dec-14 11:44:18

Churros or a tuile/thin biscuit with a mojito sorbet/ice cream, key lime pie.

AugustaGloop Mon 08-Dec-14 11:51:12

The occasional times I have done themes ,they have been as follows:
French/Burgundy: Boeuf Borgignon (sp?), Tarte tatin. burgundy wines
Spanish: tapas to start, paella. Spanish wines
Thai (beer to drink).

have also done "posh" versions of retro dinner party food like prawn cocktail and trifle.

Dancingyogi Mon 08-Dec-14 12:06:29

Middle Eastern mezze, is time consuming but worth it. If you have a ottelenghi cookbook browse, decide and have fun.

CarolBornAMan Mon 08-Dec-14 12:06:53

try peruvian - different types of ceviche which is lovely and then make some pisco sours the best cocktail of all .. there is a michellin starred peruvian restaurant you could google to get some more idea.. would avoid the guinea pigs on sticks but the rest of the cuisine is lovely!

Graterater Mon 08-Dec-14 16:06:06

I've eaten there! Probably my favourite ever restaurant. Peruvian is a great idea. Will also devour my ottolenghi and honey and co books to see about mezze. My husband is a fussy bastard when it comes to yoghurty things though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now