Talk

Advanced search

Mini dessert trio - ideas please

(8 Posts)
KerryMehome Wed 03-Dec-14 09:25:26

I am hosting Christmas for my family for the first time ever, usually my OH and I alternate between various parents houses but this year its the first in our new home so we have invited everyone to stay with us.

Out of all of us, only one likes Christmas pudding and mince pies so I have bought a little individual pudding to serve him.

I was thinking of doing a little trio of puddings for every one else - just little portions but something that can be made ahead and chilled until serving time.

I've found a great Nigella recipe for a chestnut chocolate pot for dessert number one but am a little stumped on the other two. Was thinking perhaps some kind of black forest trifley type thing or maybe white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake but don't want to serve a rich chocolate overload after a big fat turkey dinner. I'm thinking of mini portions - around two to three bites per pud.

Does anyone have any foolproof make ahead puds that would work on small scale?

thank you

x

Allalonenow Wed 03-Dec-14 09:34:49

Sparkling wine jelly in a shot glass or Paris goblet, you could add pomegranate seeds or halved grapes or orange segments
Gin and lime jelly
Raspberry vodka jelly
(You can see a theme here I'm sure)

Eton mess served in a small ramikin dish
Creme brulee

Allalonenow Wed 03-Dec-14 09:37:30

Profiteroles, just one each, filled with custard and topped with coffee icing.

KerryMehome Wed 03-Dec-14 09:45:15

Ooh I like your theme Allalonenow, a nice boozy fruity jelly would be great to cut through the chestnut chocolate pot!

agoodbook Wed 03-Dec-14 21:17:38

Pannacotta in tiny shot glasses with a little red berry compote . Best recipe i've found is here, right at the bottom of the article- its a fab recipe
www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/aug/25/how-to-make-perfect-panna-cotta

Onykahonie Wed 03-Dec-14 22:50:53

This is my dessert trio...might be a bit summery, but I'm sure you could adapt them.

Onykahonie Wed 03-Dec-14 22:51:50

Just realised it's a duo, not a trio!

KerryMehome Thu 04-Dec-14 11:40:37

Thank you Onykahonie - I've bookmarked your website, you have some amazing looking food on there that I will be trying!

Thank you a goodbook too!

Right then, Chestnut Chocolate Pots and Deconstructed Strawberry Shortcakes have made the menu then its a toss up between panacotta or Raspberry Vodka Jellys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now