Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant & sick but friend for lunch tomorrow

(10 Posts)
Swifey Mon 01-Dec-14 20:24:33

Please give me some inspiration?? I can pop to supermarket in the morning. Help!!!

Swifey Mon 01-Dec-14 20:41:32

Bumping my (nearly) thread, please ladies, any help appreciated! Xx

Sparkletastic Mon 01-Dec-14 20:45:09

What sort of things can you fancy at the mo yourself? How about watercress soup, dash of cream, French bread and some fresh fruit tarts for pud?

Hakluyt Mon 01-Dec-14 20:47:57

If it's a good friend, text her and say "I'm really sorry- but I can't think about food, could you possibly bring something?"

Swifey Mon 01-Dec-14 20:54:50

She has already said she will bring something, but she is already driving all the way here (1 hour) because my ds gets really car sick, and she has a 12 week old baby, and a 3yr old, so I feel I ought to be able to offer lunch!
Texture is my problem at the moment, so no mash, or parsnips or such like! X

Sparkletastic Mon 01-Dec-14 21:02:51

How about hitting the deli section and buying a load of mezze / antipasti? Then her 3 year old will have plenty of things to pick from too.

Or nachos if you need crunchy? Would you be ok with guacamole / sour cream / cheese etc?

Hakluyt Mon 01-Dec-14 21:10:25

Ah.OK. Then French bread, lots of cheese and stuff, a bag of salad, grapes and some posh bought soup. Sorted.

Swifey Mon 01-Dec-14 21:19:28

Deli I think it is! Think I may have to buy a Camembert too and bake it, with crusty bread! Yum! What to have it though? Serrano ham and salad bits?? X

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Mon 01-Dec-14 21:23:14

Yes to deli stuff that you don't have to slave over or smell while it's preparing.

I've got severe morning sickness atm and strangely, I can eat most things but can't stand cooking, the smells and it's all just yuk. I think DH thinks it's a ruse to get out of family cooking but I normally enjoy it, just can't face it atm. I have an aversion to dishes too. Happy to clean loos, litter tray, Hoover etc but nothing food related!

Sorry for tangent smile hope you enjoy your friend's visit.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Mon 01-Dec-14 21:24:16

I love baked Camembert with Serrano ham, crusty bread, marinated olives and red currant sauce. Yum. And a rocket salad to make it all look healthier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now