Talk

Advanced search

Disposable roasting trays

(9 Posts)
SixerofthePixies Mon 01-Dec-14 17:12:19

Height of laziness I know but I really want a relaxing Xmas this year. After the meal i'd like to stick the dishwasher on and mot spend ages scrubbing roasting tins.

I just wondered if anybody had ever cooked their christmas dinner in disposable trays? I was thinking turkey, potatoes, parsnips, possibly stuffing? Do you Pre heat in the same way? Any downsides to doing this?

pregnantpause Mon 01-Dec-14 18:09:24

Every turkey I cook is done in a disposable. As are Christmas roasties. Works perfectly, no washing up, and once used cool quickly, can be folded and binned to free more workspace . I use my turkey tray to make gravy too- another messy pan avoided grin

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Mon 01-Dec-14 19:23:46

Yep, I do the bird and spuds in a disposable tray at Christmas. It's the kind of thing I'm quite sniffy about for the rest of the year - the waste! But it's Christmas so anything that makes life easier big lazy hypocrite

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Mon 01-Dec-14 19:25:04

Oh, didn't answer your questions - no downsides apart from be very careful when lifting things out as they won't be as rigid or sturdy - slide the tray onto a baking sheet especially if you are cooking a heavy bird.

YesIcan Mon 01-Dec-14 21:20:49

I'm loving this. She's making a list...

ChippyMinton Mon 01-Dec-14 21:27:03

Lidl have foil trays for turkey - 99p. I've got one ready for the bird, but will sit it on my biggest baking tray to stop it flexing.
An alternative might be to use a roasting bag?

Spuds will go in their usual roasting tin, which never gets scrubbed, just goes in the dishwasher.

Stuffing in whatever dish it comes supplied in by Waitrose.

Parsnips in a pyrex dish, which goes in dishwasher.

SixerofthePixies Mon 01-Dec-14 22:11:16

Right - am going to attempt all disposables this year smile I feel bad getting other people to help wash up even though they offer, but then resent being stuck in the kitchen.

Do you think paper plates and plastic cups might be going too far? grin

calzone Mon 01-Dec-14 22:13:34

I would like to highly recommend Tesco goose fat frozen roast potatoes.

Blummin delicious! ��

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 01-Dec-14 22:16:59

I always use disposable tins at Christmas, and a few years ago I saw a pile of the turkey-sized ones being sold off in Sainsbury's in January for 10p each. I bought enough to cook all the turkeys I will probably ever cook in my lifetime!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now