Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for cookbooks/websites with healthy recipes that taste good

(5 Posts)
WhoLetTheDogsOut Mon 01-Dec-14 08:42:22

I'm looking for healthy recipes. Ideally I'd like to buy a new cookbook which is full of healthy recipes that taste good, even though they are low in calories/fat, but would also be interested in any good websites, or individual recipes if you have any good suggestions/links.

I hate spending ages cooking a meal to find that because it's a healthy recipe, it tastes a bit disappointing, or the portions are really small - which usually results grumbles/sad faces from the family!!!

Thanks in advance.

TwoLittleTerrors Mon 01-Dec-14 10:38:07

I just bought Diana Henry's a change of appetite and love it. I have made a few dishes from it and they have all been hits.

I am a fan of her early book cook simple so maybe we just have similar taste in food smile

TwoLittleTerrors Mon 01-Dec-14 10:39:51

If you read the introduction Henry emphasises tastes as being very important and the dishes are just also healthy at the same time.

HuevosRancheros Mon 01-Dec-14 14:04:19

If you like vegetarian food, I recommend the website 101 cookbooks
She has a book too, which I don't have, but I do use a lot of her website recipes smile

WhoLetTheDogsOut Mon 01-Dec-14 17:49:48

Thanks both, I will take a look at those. I have some lovely favourite recipes, but sadly lots of them aren't very healthy.

I'm sure there are some really tasty ingredients that are also good for us, so am just looking to expand my repertoire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now