Talk

Advanced search

Dd's 21st - boneless chicken casserole recipe

(5 Posts)
goingmadinthecountry Sun 30-Nov-14 23:14:01

Dd1 will be 21 just before Christmas - will be a mix of adult friends/relatives and 20 ish year olds. Buffet food required but don't fancy the whole carve a ham job. Starters and puds easy, want fork food for main course, prob use slow cookers. I'll do a beef bourgignon type dish but would really appreciate ideas for a non-bone chicken casserole dish that won't be dry. Veggie I can do but novel ideas would be good too.

TyneTeas Sun 30-Nov-14 23:27:43

how about chicken and bacon casserole?

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/chicken-and-bacon-casserole.html

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Wed 03-Dec-14 10:55:14

I absolutely love this chicken in plum sauce recipe. It's easy and always goes down well.

GwenStacy Wed 03-Dec-14 10:58:27

This is my go to - sorry for brevity, copied from a text! It's gorgeous, and I make a load of virus cous cous to go with it smile

Brown chicken - can use boned thighs. Chuck in tin of decent quality tomatoes and tin of chickpeas. Generous half teaspoon of cumin and cinnamon. Half teaspoon sugar. Chop up dried apricots and chuck in. Zest of half a lemon and some lemon juice. Before serving, add in green beans. I served with citrus couscous - couscous with other half of the zest and lemon juice

CogitOIOIO Wed 03-Dec-14 13:00:54

How about a massive Chicken Curry? That's my standard winter party offering.... Beef B in one big pot, Chicken Curry in another, Ratatouille for the lentil lovers. Big pot of steamed rice, crusty bread, a few salads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now