Talk

Advanced search

Low salt stir fry recipes?

(5 Posts)
ByTheWishingWell Fri 28-Nov-14 13:04:54

I'd like to make a salmon stir fry to share with my 15 month old. I use soy sauce as a base for the sauce when I'm making it for myself, but am a bit worried about the salt content for DD. Does anyone have any ideas for a more baby-friendly sauce? She's happy with strong flavours like garlic and ginger.

evertonmint Fri 28-Nov-14 13:10:35

You can buy low sodium soy which is what I did. I figured once a week would be fine if everything else was low salt.

evertonmint Fri 28-Nov-14 13:16:09

I just checked - 1tsp of lower sodium kikkoman is 192mg. Recommended intake is 800mg for 1-3yo, so a small amount in a stir fry should be fine.

MehsMum Fri 28-Nov-14 13:16:17

Sweet chilli sauce is good in stir fries; likewise flavoured oils. I have no specific recipes in mind, though - I tend to make most of my stir-fries on the fly.

ByTheWishingWell Fri 28-Nov-14 13:26:49

Ah, thank you, I'll try that then. Was hoping I'd be able to put something together from what I have in the cupboards, but I think I'll just suck it up and brave the Black Friday supermarket!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now