Talk

Advanced search

Menu Check Lamb Shank with...

(5 Posts)
Butterpuff Thu 27-Nov-14 13:36:35

I am cooking for the parents this weekend, we are getting out all of our wedding china, our fancy forks and our crystal wine glasses for the first time grin

I was planning on making a seafood stack (avocado, prawn and crab, horseradish cream) copied from a favourite restaurant.

Pecan and Maple pie for desert.

For main lamb shanks with puy lentils, the lentils cooked with tiny dice veg to make a bit of a stew. Am quite happy with this combo except that I think it may look a bit brown/grey/green on the plate. Would you add a nice white fluffy mash (for soaking up juices and for colour contrast) something else to liven it up or just stick with a lamb and lentil stew type plate.

Thanks.

pinkcheese Thu 27-Nov-14 14:15:53

Mashed Cauliflower or potato plus a bright green crunchy veg like green beans, broc or kale. Just to add colour and a different texture. (Menu sounds gorgeous, have fun!)

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 27-Nov-14 14:41:30

Roast some cherry tomatoes for colour

mrspremise Thu 27-Nov-14 19:17:57

I'd suggest scattering the lamb and lentils with parsley and a teeny bit of mint that you've chopped together. A few pomegranate seeds would be nice too... Nice menu by the way!! grin

Butterpuff Fri 28-Nov-14 08:47:20

Thanks for the suggestions, off to do the shopping now.

The parsley/mint pomegranate seeds combo would go down wonderfully with my Dad. Still tempted by some mash!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now