Talk

Advanced search

Meal ideas for childminder

(7 Posts)
Cullercoats88 Mon 24-Nov-14 09:47:34

I've also posted this on another thread, but I am looking for meal inspiration for my minded children aged between 6months-7yrs, they aren't fussy but won't eat spiced foods.
I feel like I'm always cooking same, shepherds pie, fish cakes, pasta with various sauces, cous cous with various veggies and soup. Does anyone have any good ideas? Thanks

JustTryEverything Mon 24-Nov-14 10:40:20

Roasted chicken thighs in a pan with chunky Mediterranean veg - add olives / feta at the end and serve with pasta / cous cous / baked spuds. Very quick to prepare and just bung in oven. You can easily tear meat off thighs once cooked for the younger ones. Cheap too.

quesadillas Mon 24-Nov-14 11:58:28

Risotto?

Cullercoats88 Mon 24-Nov-14 12:20:28

Thanks both- I've never considered doing a risotto!!

agoodbook Mon 24-Nov-14 21:41:35

Filled jacket potatoes- scoop out cooked potato and mix with cheese/hard boiled eggs/ frozen peas , put back into jacket then cover with more cheese and grill.

I was going to suggest risotto as well !

Chickpea stew with rice

2-3 softened buttered leeks in a shallow dish- pop on halved hard boiled eggs ( 1 each) , cover with cheese sauce , into oven for 15-20 minutes eat with jacket potatoes or crusty bread

pregnantpause Tue 25-Nov-14 08:15:15

This week we're having-

Turkey noodle soup

Roasted squash and chorizo wraps

Courgette parmigiana

Chicken thighs stuffed with sage stuffing wrapped in bacon served with Savoy cabbage, peas and roasted new potatoes

Courgette and chickpea filo pastry pie

Guinness beef and chestnut casserole with leek mash

fieldfare Tue 25-Nov-14 08:31:25

I tend to cook and plate up extra of what we eat as a family the night before, it means when we get in from the nursery run or a group that lunch is ready really quickly as it only needs microwaving.
This week the children are having:
Roasted pepper and tomato soup with tiger bread
Roast lamb, cheesy leeks, parsnips, cauliflower and roast potatoes (from tonight's dinner)
White fish with a tomato sauce, veggie rice
Jacket potato with baked beans and cheese (specific request from one)

It's easy to get stuck in a rut, the children all have their favourites but if all else fails they all love pasta.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now