Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know the trick to making noodles like take away Chinese noodles?

(6 Posts)
mameulah Sun 23-Nov-14 22:21:00

Mine are never, ever as good as they are from the take away. Surely it can't be that hard?

pinkisthenewpink Sun 23-Nov-14 22:29:05

I think the trouble is you need a super hot heat under the wok, which is beyond most domestic sources. My noodles have improved a little when I got a new induction hob with a scorching volcano setting. Still not the same though!

WowOoo Mon 24-Nov-14 08:02:30

Dh accidentally poured loads of soy sauce into noodles and bean sprouts once. The pourer bit had come off and he put more than half a bottle in. it was the most authentic I've ever tasted.

So, we guessed take away noodles are much nicer as they have masses of soy sauce.

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Mon 24-Nov-14 10:06:33

I've decided that 'stir fry' noodles are something that are not possible to do well at home and I will only eat them from the Chinese takeaway, or places like Wagamama.

However, I can do noodle soup at home, so if I fancy noodles and am not eating out or getting a takeaway, I will make noodle soup instead, which is just noodles simmered in stock and soy sauce, with prawns or shredded meat and vegetables added, or a seared tuna steak, or tofu, or omelette or whatever. Add ginger/garlic/chilli/fish sauce if you can be bothered.

HuevosRancheros Mon 24-Nov-14 12:00:52

Oyster sauce, sesame oil and high heat smile

mameulah Mon 24-Nov-14 14:22:05

Yum! Thanks! Will try later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now