Talk

Advanced search

Pasta Machine Recommendations?

(7 Posts)
daddyorchipsdaddyorchips Fri 21-Nov-14 11:29:37

So, our rickety 20 year old pasta machine finally gave up the ghost last week and I'd like to buy DP a new one for Christmas (since he is the pasta maker in our house). The last one was his, inherited, so I have no idea where to start. Can you recommend one?

Are they all much of a muchness?

Would like it to be able to do sheets/spaghetti/tagiatelle as a minimum...

Grazie mille in advance!

Eastwickwitch Fri 21-Nov-14 11:33:11

Have you got a kitchen aid? It's my favourite attachment ever.

daddyorchipsdaddyorchips Fri 21-Nov-14 12:33:37

Alas no. But maybe that'll be his present to me (hinted and hopeful!).

tb Fri 21-Nov-14 18:46:56

Imperia used to be the standard make. Mine was £16 from Habitat - but a long time ago. It has cutters for spaghetti, tagliatelli and fettuccini.

They are available on amazon from memory, but rather pricy now. Nisbets probably have them, and lakeland might do. have never looked.

daddyorchipsdaddyorchips Fri 21-Nov-14 20:00:04

Thanks! I'll defo have a look at those.

TheSpottedZebra Fri 21-Nov-14 20:05:07

Imperia and Marcato are the 2 main italian makes.
Don't buy the ravioli attachment, that's just a recipe for mess. For ravioli either use the ice cube tray looking thing, or cut each one out individually by hand/with a cutter.

lilolilmanchester Mon 24-Nov-14 02:07:38

apologies for intruding daddyor.. but pasta machine is on Christmas list of one of my family members and was just coming on here to ask same question... bumping incase there are any other suggestions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now