Talk

Advanced search

Quiche - what do you eat with it?

(11 Posts)
brunette123 Wed 19-Nov-14 18:10:30

Apart from salad, any ideas? I tend to eat salad and a small amount of roasted butternut squash but am getting bored of that. I don't eat pasta or potatoes. Ok there is rice or couscous but again am not really a carby person - any inspiration gratefully received.
thanks

Salad and garlic roasted potatoes, neither of which are any use to you.
As a student, I used to like it with home baked beans.
The other day in a desperate low-stocked-kitchen crisis, I made one and we had it with sliced peppers and red onions fried up with garlic, paprika and chilli - surprisingly nice!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 19-Nov-14 18:18:19

Tinned sweetcorn is my stand by.

Mrsgrumble Wed 19-Nov-14 18:19:40

I absolutely love quiche with mixed bean salad but don't have a recipe as I buy from local deli smile

brunette123 Wed 19-Nov-14 18:21:23

oh I quite like baked beans occasionally thanks and also like sweetcorn!

Dancingqueen17 Wed 19-Nov-14 23:34:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tywysogesgymraeg Thu 20-Nov-14 00:07:35

Any green veg. French beans, runner beans, courgette, broccoli....

mouselittle Thu 20-Nov-14 11:19:00

mash and vegetables

mouselittle Thu 20-Nov-14 11:19:29

Sorry I just saw you don't eat potatoes.

thenumberseven Thu 20-Nov-14 16:50:03

Tinned, drained artichokes with crushed garlic and black olives drizzled with olive oil and each artichoke heart topped with an anchovie. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and black pepper or chillie flakes

Tinned asparagus (white or green) with mayonaise

Tinned white asparagus with a tuna and mayonnaise paste. (Season mayonnaise with lemon juice, crashed garlic and mashed tuna. Arrange asparagus on dish and cover bottoms of sparagus spears with tuna mixture)

Grilled fresh green asparagus, sprinkled with maldon salt

Cooked green asparagus wrapped in (twos or threes) very thinly sliced serrano ham and grilled

Peas or green beans sauteed with garlic and serrano ham or chopped chorizo

Strips of roasted red peppers (may be from a jar) sauteed in olive oil with garlic slivers.

Unpeeled courgette strips or slices dipped in tempura batter and deep fried

Red and green pepper strips dipped in tempura batter and deep fried

Unpeeled aubergine cut into slices or wedges, salted, floured and fried. Drizzle with black treackle.

Tomato slices with black olives, sliced onion, maldon salt, black pepper and torn basil or oregano. Drizzle with olive oil. Cheese,chunks of tuna or quartered boiled eggs may be added.

Bean salad.

Avocado seasoned with sherry vinegar and olive oil

Steamed broccoli drizzeld with olive oil and sprinkled with maldon salt

Steamed broccoli dipped in tempura batter and deep fried.

Cucumber slices with tzatziki

brunette123 Fri 21-Nov-14 09:40:35

wow! thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now