Talk

Advanced search

Roast Pork/Pulled Pork

(8 Posts)
Clutterbugsmum Sat 15-Nov-14 11:21:23

I'm doing roast pork for dinner tomorrow, can I make the leftovers into pulled Pork the next day.

Also does anyone have a good BBQ sauce recipe to use to make the pulled pork.

Thank you.

headinhands Sat 15-Nov-14 11:25:49

Not helpful but saw a cat food ad followed by an ad for a pulled pork wrap on TV last night. Not a good move on the person who orders the ads.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 15-Nov-14 18:42:36

Yes , I use this one:

140g tomato ketchup
4 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp soft dark brown sugar

In a bowl, mix the ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. bubble fairly vigorously for 10-15 mins until thick and glossy.shred the meat into chunky pieces. Add 3-4 tbsp of the barbecue sauce to the meat and toss everything well to coat. I leave the rest as a side to add as desired.

It's copied and pasted from a bbq recipe but essentially the same process.

HexBramble Sat 15-Nov-14 18:46:50

I think it would depend on how long you have cooked your pork joint. Pulled pork relies on a long cook time so that the collagen is broken down in the meat and that it 'pulls' apart.

Clutterbugsmum Sat 15-Nov-14 21:03:45

Thank you.

HexBramble,I tend to cook on high for 30mins then lower the heat and cook slowly for 3hrs. Then crisp up the crackling, with the roasties

HexBramble Sat 15-Nov-14 21:29:31

Clutter, sounds gorgeous as a Sunday roast (drool) but I think it's going to have to cook for slower and longer for it to be pulled.

It's not a texture that can be sliced or carved, it simply falls apart IYSWIM?

TyneTeas Sat 15-Nov-14 23:19:14

I agree with Hex that roasted is unlikely to produce a pulled texture.

But you could maybe make a pulled pork style sauce to go with the sliced meat?

SconeRhymesWithGone Sat 15-Nov-14 23:27:15

Sliced pork sandwiches with barbecue sauce are just as popular as pulled pork in the US Deep South, the land of authentic barbeque.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now