Talk

Advanced search

Christmas cake gone wrong

(3 Posts)
tobytoes Thu 13-Nov-14 18:43:18

I need help. I'm making my xmas cakes but this year I've decided to use a different recipe. I made the mix and discovered It was to put into a 9 inch deep cake tin but I only had 8 inch so I bunged the lot in there and it over flowed by about an inch but the baking paper kept it all in. It's been in the oven for 4 and a half hours as the recipe says but it's still raw in the middle. Have I totally ruined these cakes? Are they going to be all dry on the outside because the middle is taking so long to cook? :'-(

WienerDiva Thu 13-Nov-14 22:11:12

Don't panic!!!! Cover the top of it with a circle of paper (maybe a couple of layers) and cover the outside of the tin too. This is to protect the outside and prevent it from over cooking and burning. Turn the temp down a little bit and leave it in there and keep checking on it. Hth

HappydaysArehere Mon 17-Nov-14 16:50:17

WienerDiva is absolutely right about protecting sides and top. Also agree keep baking on a low heat. It will be lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now