Talk

Advanced search

Your best chicken cicciatore recipe and a pudding recommendation with no fridge or freezer!

(5 Posts)
DataColour Wed 12-Nov-14 14:12:32

I have trawled the web for a recipe and I can't decide which one to go for so I want a T&T recipe please. I have friends coming over for dinner on Sat and this is the first time I've cooked for them so I want to impress!
Also our fridge freezer is broken and will only be fixed the day before (and it might not work till 24hr later) so I need a dessert that required no cooling or freezing. I'm laying on an antipasta-ish starter and ofcourse the chicken cicciatore with polenta and salad for main...if I had a working fridge freezer I'd go for ice cream/sorbet or granita...something sharp and refreshing. Any alternatives please?
Thanks

holmessweetholmes Wed 12-Nov-14 14:58:10

Do you mean chicken cacciatore? If so, Delia has a good one. I'm pretty sure it's in her How to Cook series. That's the one I always use.

agoodbook Wed 12-Nov-14 19:47:54

for pudding- pannacotta with good lemon curd on the side. Can do the day before.
Best recipe here- read down the article to the bottom. Its amazingly easy!
www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/aug/25/how-to-make-perfect-panna-cotta

DataColour Thu 13-Nov-14 10:46:10

Thanks for the recipes!
Delia's chicken cacciatore does look like the business!
Unfortunately can't do pannacotta because the fridge might not be working.
I think I might go indulgent with the pudding and make chocolate brownies and serve with cream (ice cream if the freezer is fixed) and maybe berries.

agoodbook Thu 13-Nov-14 19:54:00

sorry Data sad I have made it by leaving to go cold on my north facing window sill and just popping in fridge for the last couple of hours ) hope it goes well

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: