Talk

Advanced search

Your best chicken cicciatore recipe and a pudding recommendation with no fridge or freezer!

(5 Posts)
DataColour Wed 12-Nov-14 14:12:32

I have trawled the web for a recipe and I can't decide which one to go for so I want a T&T recipe please. I have friends coming over for dinner on Sat and this is the first time I've cooked for them so I want to impress!
Also our fridge freezer is broken and will only be fixed the day before (and it might not work till 24hr later) so I need a dessert that required no cooling or freezing. I'm laying on an antipasta-ish starter and ofcourse the chicken cicciatore with polenta and salad for main...if I had a working fridge freezer I'd go for ice cream/sorbet or granita...something sharp and refreshing. Any alternatives please?
Thanks

holmessweetholmes Wed 12-Nov-14 14:58:10

Do you mean chicken cacciatore? If so, Delia has a good one. I'm pretty sure it's in her How to Cook series. That's the one I always use.

agoodbook Wed 12-Nov-14 19:47:54

for pudding- pannacotta with good lemon curd on the side. Can do the day before.
Best recipe here- read down the article to the bottom. Its amazingly easy!
www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/aug/25/how-to-make-perfect-panna-cotta

DataColour Thu 13-Nov-14 10:46:10

Thanks for the recipes!
Delia's chicken cacciatore does look like the business!
Unfortunately can't do pannacotta because the fridge might not be working.
I think I might go indulgent with the pudding and make chocolate brownies and serve with cream (ice cream if the freezer is fixed) and maybe berries.

agoodbook Thu 13-Nov-14 19:54:00

sorry Data sad I have made it by leaving to go cold on my north facing window sill and just popping in fridge for the last couple of hours ) hope it goes well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now