Talk

Advanced search

What can I do with frozen spinach?

(10 Posts)
scrimper Mon 10-Nov-14 16:08:26

running down our freezer and have some frozen spinach. a good bag or 2. no idea why I thought I needed it but anyway I want to make something with it that will ideally use it all up.
Nothing complicated or time consuming. suitable for whole family. any ideas?

strawberryshoes Mon 10-Nov-14 16:12:43

Saag!

Spinach curry is the best, either with potato (saag aloo) or chicken (mmmm my mouth is watering). Here is a random example of a recipe:

crackingcurries.com/the-recipes/saag-chicken/

Solasum Mon 10-Nov-14 16:14:40

Green eggs and ham. And chips.

MelanieCheeks Mon 10-Nov-14 16:16:11

Add it to the saucy bit of a fish pie.

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Mon 10-Nov-14 16:20:26

Try spinach rotolo Jamie Oliver style. I add chicken or any other Random veg with it, doesn't have to be butternut squash. I also sometimes lie them down instead of standing the tubes up.
Actually the idea is Jamie Oliver's, mine have actually been nothing like it after the first time I made it. It freezes well too. If you do it in small trays

cosysocks Mon 10-Nov-14 16:22:54

Add some cucumber, coconut water/milk blitz and have as a green smoothie. Surprisingly tasty.
Add to bacon and chicken casserole.

RabbitSaysWoof Mon 10-Nov-14 16:25:33

Ooo saag looks great

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 10-Nov-14 16:30:57

Spinach and feta pie

silversixpence Tue 11-Nov-14 11:57:03

Spinach and ricotta cannelloni
Spinach and prawn curry

NicolaT80 Wed 12-Nov-14 15:16:35

Veggie burgers and spinach falafel are easy to make, as is soup. You can throw it in practically any pasta dish too - bolognese, carbonara, gratins etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now