Advanced search

Light desserts - inspiration needed

(3 Posts)
AGnu Thu 06-Nov-14 13:31:16

PILs coming at the weekend & I've already served all appropriate desserts to them in the past & it'd be considered somewhat of a faux pas to serve the same meal multiple times. MIL keeps a notebook of meals served to guests so she never repeats them! I'm doing a creamy chicken stew in the slow cooker hoping it'll work that way which is very rich so DH has suggested that we should have a non-creamy dessert.

I'm determined to do something different & interesting purely because they suggested taking us out for a meal if it was too much hassle to cook. I resent the suggestion that I can't cope it'll be a struggle but that's not the point. MIL would've been hosting dinner parties & baking on a weekly basis at this stage in their lives, I refuse to admit I don't live up to their standards. blush

Allalonenow Thu 06-Nov-14 13:49:08

Tarte au citron from M&S, serve it with a scatter of blueberries or a poached fig or two, and a blob of mascarpone with some icing sugar and a drop of vanilla essence beatn into it.

Or cold whole pears poached in red wine served on a pool of cold (bought posh) vanilla custard.

agoodbook Thu 06-Nov-14 22:30:33

well, I know its creamy, but panna cotta with a side of home made red berry compote/ lemon curd . below is a fabulous foolproof recipe, and you can make it the day before

or how about this - been eyeing it up, but not made it yet....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now