Talk

Advanced search

Sweet treats for diabetic exmil

(5 Posts)
Oswin Thu 06-Nov-14 12:06:17

Dd wants to make her nan something sweet for Xmas but she's recently been diagnosed with diabetes, could anyone help with a recipe. Thanks.

RedKites Thu 06-Nov-14 22:25:11

We've made banana muffins and banana cake before with no added sugar. They're not carb free, but lower carb than many sweet things you might make.

spilttheteaagain Fri 07-Nov-14 21:28:54

If it's a dessert I would do chocolate pots, - just melted dark choc (70% +) and double cream. Google for a recipe.

If a gift, truffles, same principle pretty much, but make balls and roll in cocoa powder/chopped nuts/dessicated coconut/icing sugar.

No added sugar needed, and the darker the choc the less sugar in general and the richer the pud!

KnitterInTheNW Fri 07-Nov-14 21:44:56

I'm diabetic and my last GP recommended using xylitol instead of sugar as it is a slower release sugar.

PenelopeGarciasCrazyHair Fri 07-Nov-14 21:52:48

Couldn't the make her something savoury instead? Some nice herbed roasted nuts, biscuits for cheese, chutney (although I guess that has quite a bit of sugar?) but you know, just thinking away from sweets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now