Talk

Advanced search

Potato wedges soggy!!

(7 Posts)
Jemster Tue 04-Nov-14 14:39:47

How I do get potato wedges right? They are either too soggy or burnt & too hard! Thanks

FelixFelix Tue 04-Nov-14 14:46:02

I bought a special tray for chips/wedges. It's a square mesh thing and it makes nice even crispy potatoes as the heat gets to the wedges evenly all the way round. It's a plasticy material (obviously not plastic though, not sure what it's made from) so it doesn't get hot and burn the edges touching it. It was from Dunhelm but I've seen them in asda before.

CMOTDibbler Tue 04-Nov-14 14:48:40

I cut mine, and then microwave them. After that they go in the oven, and are always lovely

mawbroon Tue 04-Nov-14 14:53:15

I microwave mine for around 10 mins then toss in oil and semolina before baking.

Make sure there are not too many on the tray.

sweetheart Tue 04-Nov-14 15:46:30

I find if there are too many on a tray they don't crisp up right - same with roast potato's. Also if there is too much oil on them.

TyneTeas Tue 04-Nov-14 20:03:40

Nothing fancy here, I just cut up potatoes, rub a bit of oil on them and stick them in the oven for about 45 mins

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/potato-wedges.html

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Tue 04-Nov-14 22:07:28

I parboil them then cook in a hot oven with hot oil.

But the best ones are the ones I pre-freeze, there's probably a sciencey reason. Basically, we don't eat a lot of potatoes so whenever I have a bag and want to cook some, I parboil the lot, then with the ones I don't want to eat I put them in a freezer bag with oil. Then the next time I want to eat them, just tip them into a baking tray with a wee bit of oil and for some reason they always come out lovely and crispy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now