Talk

Advanced search

Kenwood mixer? Yes, again, I'm sure.........

(9 Posts)
squaredog Mon 03-Nov-14 18:49:05

Sorry for the boring subject, but after a hand injury, I'm wondering whether I can make use of a Kenwood stand mixer, first of all, for mashed potato(which I definitely can't 'do' with a hand masher), and secondly, whether it can earn its place in my kitchen for anything other than cakes?

Thank you

d0ttyne11 Mon 03-Nov-14 21:59:32

Get the instruction book out! I got one last year and the various attachments that came with it can be used for a whole host of different things.

I've not checked the website but have had to order replacement parts for an old Kenwood I had the the mind boggled at all the attachments available so surely there must be something out there to help you... Maybe even Gransnet would have ideas??

Good luck and hope you recover soon x

lurkerspeaks Tue 04-Nov-14 23:43:42

I often "mash" potato with a hand whisk.

Never tried using the ke wood, I don't see why it wouldn't work though

I've never tried mashing potato in mine but think it would probsbly work in the bowl with the beater. I use mine for all sorts of baking, cakes, dough, batters, whisking eggs or cream, it also has food processor and liquidiser attachments, so chopping, slicing, grating, liquidising.

SixImpossible Tue 04-Nov-14 23:56:12

You can even get a potato masher attachment for the Chef. I believe it doubles as a sifter (for both dry and wet foods).

I have the ice-cream maker attachment and the mincer/sausage maker attachment, both of which I use. It came with a blender attachment, which I rarely use.

I've never tried mashing potato with the k beater or the whisk. Be interesting to try.

PigletJohn Tue 04-Nov-14 23:59:20

I've had Chef mash. It was cold.

SomethingAboutNothing Wed 05-Nov-14 00:01:47

I have mashed in my kenwood after watching a demonstrator do so on qvc. It was cold but nice and smooth.

I suppose it would go cold, I dislike my potato ricer for the same reason. I use the Oxo good grips masher in the pan now. Can you use your other hand? This masher is very easy compared to ones with vertical handles.
oxo

VeryPunny Sat 08-Nov-14 11:00:41

Warm the bowl by filling it with boiling water and drying it off before adding the spuds, make sure any butter/milk you add is hot and use the K attachment. Decant into a warmed dish and Robert is your mother's brother. You can always nuke it for a few seconds.

That said I rate Wait rose frozen mashgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now