Talk

Advanced search

What are you all eating today for Mothers Day?

(27 Posts)
Snog Sun 30-Mar-14 16:02:34

We are having lamp shanks cooked by dp, first time we have tried to make these at home. Hoping for deliciousness!
How about you?

ginmakesitallok Sun 30-Mar-14 16:12:21

Roast beef,yorkies, roast potatoes and gravy. Dp has even made an apple sponge, and been washing up as he's gone along. Only thing I've done is the gravy. Fab.

MrsBrianODriscoll Sun 30-Mar-14 16:13:19

Huge steak, pomme frites, asparagus.

Lashings of wine.

rachyconks Sun 30-Mar-14 16:17:09

Steak, baked potato, salad, glass of wine, decadent dessert. Due on Tuesday and need to shift this baby! With DD my "last meal" was baked potato so I'm hoping it works again.

Catsmamma Sun 30-Mar-14 16:18:40

we are having butternut, feta, and ham lasagne...dd has pretty much done most if it. She claims not to be able to cook, but she can.

and a South African Lemon Meringue Pie, recipe spotted this morning on Pinterest.

kotinka Sun 30-Mar-14 16:21:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TrinityRhino Sun 30-Mar-14 16:23:25

for breakfast my two little darlings made me chocolate spread in hot dog rolls and a bowl of cadburys creme egg ice cream grin

they are deciding what to make for tea

I'm assuming they are going to come and tell me I have to make chilli con carne for myself as its my fave grin

Aboyandabunny Sun 30-Mar-14 16:23:37

Steak pie, potatoes, carrots with chocolate sponge for afters.

Snog Sun 30-Mar-14 16:24:16

All sounding yummy!
Catsmama how old is your dd?

SpottyTeacakes Sun 30-Mar-14 16:25:10

Chicken burgers and croquettes blush tbf dd is under the weather with a virus and ds is recovering from surgery. We've all just made muffins though.

bluebluecow Sun 30-Mar-14 16:25:10

i've had a lovely day so far. woken up by dh and dds with cards, poems, perfume, pjs and Prosecco. gorgeous day here today so sitting in garden with a glass of said Prosecco while dh mows lawn. table booked for dinner at 7pm. I am happysmile smile

AnimalsAreMyFriends Sun 30-Mar-14 16:25:14

Marmite crisps....

pfffft!

Funnyfoot Sun 30-Mar-14 16:26:31

Honey glazed gammon, veg and fondant potato. All cooked by DH, he's been in the kitchen for 3 hours so I hope it turns out ok bless him.

ouryve Sun 30-Mar-14 16:27:24

I've got an M&S dine in. Outdoor bred leg of pork in the oven and smelling delicious. Very little for me to do but put things in the oven at the correct time, nuke some veg and heat the jar of cider sauce I bought.

Hopefully, the stuffing and sticky toffee pudding will persuade DS1 to eat without pulling faces.

DH will be washing up.

enormouse Sun 30-Mar-14 16:37:46

I had a fry up this morning made by dp. Which was lovely

This evening I think we're going to have chilli con carne (made yesterday) with baked potatoes and salad.
I may make eggless banana bread if I can be bothered to move off the sofa.

insanityscatching Sun 30-Mar-14 16:56:10

We've had roast beef, Yorkshire pud, roast potatoes, carrots, cauli and swede. I made Eve's pudding today as well.
Dh will be washing up.

mrspremise Sun 30-Mar-14 18:36:51

Tea and toast in bed from the dc, then a fry up brunch cooked by the dc under supervision from DH. Tonight I've got a spatchcocked chicken in the oven to have with salad and crunchy potatoes smile

pregnantpause Sun 30-Mar-14 20:33:34

Dh made me smoked salmon and cream cheese on toast for breakfast. We ate out for dinner- carpaccio, followed by beef with yorkie and horseradish, and a beetroot and white chocolate cheesecake. It was delicious, and has been the best day of 2014 so farsmile

Slackgardener Sun 30-Mar-14 20:33:53

Dcs made potato gnocchi from scratch and served it with a rich sage, chestnut & sausage sauce and then made an easy Eton mess. Thought dh was going to have coronary at one point but he had a beer and a deep breath and calmed down.
It was all really tasty. The gnocchi was incredible, soft and pillowy...enough left for their lunchbox tomorrow. Still stuffed!

yegodsandlittlefishes Sun 30-Mar-14 20:37:36

A big mac.

ShoeWhore Sun 30-Mar-14 21:49:22

Dh made pea and prawn risotto followed by rhubarb crumble. Yum.

Doshusallie Sun 30-Mar-14 21:57:08

Porridge for brekkie.

Salad, page, egg and Greek yoghurt with berries for lunch

Roast beef with mashed swede and carrot, roast parsnips, leeks and greens.

Red wine.

Doing harcombe so that's a carb meal followed by 2 fat meals.

Doshusallie Sun 30-Mar-14 21:57:21

*pate

VikingLady Sun 30-Mar-14 21:57:49

Plain boiled rice, accompanied by a glass of Dioralyte.

Fucking gastroenteritis. My arse is in tatters. NOT by best ever Mother's Day!

Slackgardener Sun 30-Mar-14 22:49:17

Viking - look on the bright side - you'll have lost a few lbs....that would always be a welcome side effect for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now