Talk

Advanced search

What can I use instead? Help required please...

(6 Posts)
Mocker Sat 29-Mar-14 22:07:52

Hi

I recently went to a party where the hostess, a Pampered Chef demonstrator (or whatever they are called), cooked one of these. It was lovely and just what I want to make for a 'do' next weekend.

Now I don't have a pizza stone and reading reviews (so mixed!) it seems 'regular' (I.e. non- Pampered Chef) ones need to be heated beforehand and Pamper Chef ones don't. Really, are Pampered Chef ones really the only ones which don't need heating?

Anyway, I obviously won't be able to get a Pampered Chef one before then. How else can I make it? Clueless blush

Thanks in advance for any wise words!

Onykahonie Sat 29-Mar-14 23:00:26

Wow, what a load of faff for such a simple starter...I have never heard of cooking Camembert on a pizza stone!

I normally just bake my Camembert whole in the box after removing any plastic packaging.

To make that dish, I would take the chilled cheese out of the box and slice in half, horizontally.
Make up the filling as directed and spread half between the 2 cheese halves. Then wrap back up in the original wrapping/grease proof paper and box. Bake for 15-20 mins and then score a cross in the top of the cheese, so you can peel back the 'skin' and dig in!

Meanwhile bake the bread on a baking tray for about 5-10 mins in the same oven, until crispy.

I serve one cheese between 4 as a starter, so would use 2 cheeses, but only use half the filling in each cheese, to serve 8.

Mocker Sat 29-Mar-14 23:20:06

Onykahonie - thanks! I knew I didn't need to buy a stone. Just need to decide how to present it...

whatareyoueventalkingabout Tue 01-Apr-14 20:45:10

You could even just poke the pecans and chilli in and then cook it in the paper and the box and when it's hot misx it in?

Slackgardener Tue 01-Apr-14 23:20:41

I have a pampered chef pizza stone and I think it's shit, it does need preheating and I bought it hoping I could stop preheating my standard one. Waste of money, I never use it! Use a good quality baking tray and line with non stick parchment.

Mocker Wed 02-Apr-14 14:45:39

Thanks all - especially slackgardener for saving me money!

I knew I don't need a PC stone!

I feel liberated smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now