Talk

Advanced search

Easy Veggie puff pastry recipes - can you inspire me?

(7 Posts)
MichonnesSamuraiSword Sat 29-Mar-14 15:42:53

I have a pack of ready made puff pastry defrosting for tonight.

I was hoping to invent some sort of puff pastry tartlet thingy, perhaps spread some Pesto on it, with some peppers, onion and blue cheese? Then bung in the oven and hope for the best.

Would that work? Can anyone think of anything else to do with it?

I have some broccoli, quorn, eggs, mushrooms, salad...

ApplesinmyPocket Sat 29-Mar-14 15:53:14

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with puff pastry baked with cheese,it's one of my go-to always-delicious things.... The cheese melts and oozifies and the pastry's crisp - made a touch piquant by any chopped zingy veg you have to hand -yes, I'm coming to supper thank you grin

Also found this page of Veggie Puff Pastry ideas both sweet and savoury, in case it inspires at all

MichonnesSamuraiSword Sat 29-Mar-14 16:06:36

Thank you Apples that link is fantastic. I think I'll try the Courgette, Mushroom & Mozarrella tart recipe that is on there, but with cheddar / blue cheese instead. I'll report back!

I'm thinking that with some salad and maybe some carrots on the side would be good...

I bought the puff pastry intending to make my fave recipe - Quorn Stake & Ale Pie but I don't have enough quorn. I'd highly recommend it though, it's so easy and utterly delicious.

MichonnesSamuraiSword Sat 29-Mar-14 23:48:25

Well it was a great success!

I rolled out puff pastry onto a greased baking tray, marked out a 'border' of about 1 inch all the way round. Pricked within the bordered area, and spread Pesto on it.

Spread thinly sliced onions, red peppers, courgettes and mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and thick slices of blue stilton (which has been hanging around in the fridge for ages, just cut the mould off...). Sprinkle with mixed herbs, black pepper and drizzle with olive oil.

Brush milk around the border. Bake at 200C for 20 minutes

Serve with nice salad.

It was delicious!!! We both agreed that it was as good as anything you would get in a restaurant and pay £10 quid for ... and it was SO easy!!

JamNan Sun 30-Mar-14 11:28:15

Stuff out of the store cupboard like olives, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts or roasted red peppers in oil are also quick and easy toppings. Plus a bit of feta cheese on top.

WilsonFrickett Sun 30-Mar-14 19:50:57

If I have people coming over, I mix up feta cheese with a bit of oil/lemon/herbs and then spread that on the pastry as you've described, I then thinly slice all different cherry/baby tomatoes and lay them across the feta and bake. Tastes amazing and looks v pretty.

Slackgardener Sun 30-Mar-14 19:56:23

We make Delias goats cheese and tomato tart it really is a fantastic recipe, easy, quick and tasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now