Talk

Advanced search

Steak diane drama (involving possible scenes of a sexual nature) - can I make the sauce now and heat it up again later?

(19 Posts)
LineRunner Fri 28-Mar-14 13:55:43

I've got the house to myself tonight for once in a blue moon. The Hot Builder is coming round for a loved-up dinner and can sleep over. grin I know I won't be arsed to do all that cooking later, but I have a couple of hours spare now.

Can I make this bloody sauce now and just warm it up later, or will it end up as some kind of curdled horror?

I have bought the brandy and everything.

LineRunner Fri 28-Mar-14 14:21:21

<opens brandy>

MuttonCadet Fri 28-Mar-14 14:43:40

Yes, make it now, cover it over and reheat when you need it.

LineRunner Fri 28-Mar-14 14:49:48

Thank you, MuttonCadet, I am assembling the ingredients now.

Do you favour any particular recipe? I imagine I will be modelling myself on the swearing of Gordon Ramsey.

nilbyname Fri 28-Mar-14 14:51:50

Yummy dinner! Just reheat carefully so avoid any a splitting issues.

One of my favourite sauces and takes me back to my childhood fancy dinner parties with shloer! Such sophiticats!

OuterFromOutersville Fri 28-Mar-14 14:54:45

Sod the food.

Tell us more about this Hot Builder grin.

LineRunner Fri 28-Mar-14 15:53:01

nilby oh god, splitting issues ... that will probably happen at the same as Hot Builder decides he needs to smash in the back of my staircase again.

outer, it is a romantic story, honestly. He came round as a friend of a friend to help repair my house about 9 months ago after a bit of disaster and we just clicked. I'm afraid the MN Drunk Thread bore the brunt of my running commentary on him getting his top off on a hot day.

Anyway he deserves a nice dinner. He's ever so lovely. And handy.

BuzzardBird Fri 28-Mar-14 15:56:40

Mmmm...steak diane. You can't go wrong really can you? He won't be in the slight bit interested in the food. Don't put asparagus with it though.

LineRunner Fri 28-Mar-14 16:02:29

Buzzard, I think I am very likely to go horribly wrong, tbh, now I've opened the brandy.

Why should I not put asparagus with it? <innocent> <yes, really, sometimes I actually am>

LineRunner Fri 28-Mar-14 16:28:36

This pouring in the brandy business and setting fire to it. I'm a bit nervous.

LineRunner Fri 28-Mar-14 17:20:19

Crikey. That was fun.

figgypuddings Fri 28-Mar-14 17:22:33

Drink the brandy and ignite the builder. wink

OuterFromOutersville Fri 28-Mar-14 17:23:59

grin

Yes, smashing in the back of your staircase does sound handy romantic.

LineRunner Fri 28-Mar-14 17:34:25

Oh figgy, you know me so well. grin

Outer, it all depends whether he can put it all back again, I suppose...

Anyway, ffs, I have made to diane sauce up to the point where the cream goes in. In other words, I have put the flames out.

LineRunner Fri 28-Mar-14 17:35:20

the diane sauce. Went a bit Yorkshire there for a moment.

OuterFromOutersville Fri 28-Mar-14 17:40:48

I don't know whether I'm more envious of the lovely meal, or the Handy Builder smile.

WilsonFrickett Fri 28-Mar-14 18:51:30

Crickey. DH will be sent out for a curry later. There's no smashed stairs/brandy ignition round ours, I can tell thee.

BuzzardBird Sat 29-Mar-14 08:16:01

Oh crap sorry, asparagus makes 'funky spunky' (nasty taste...not that I am suggesting...)grin
How did it go?

LineRunner Sun 30-Mar-14 14:04:19

It went brilliantly! We both sampled the brandy, set fire to it again in the pan just for the hell of it, and chucked the cream in at the end end. We ate it with rump steak, and the mustard mash and veg (not asparagus!) I'd made earlier.

Then yesterday morning he did some random joinery.

I am very lucky smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now