Talk

Advanced search

Help, I need suggestions for a food intolerant child!

(4 Posts)
wibley2 Sun 23-Mar-14 16:49:40

My 2 year old ds has been on long term antibiotics of some sort or another for over a year now and it is making him more and more intolerant to different foods. He can't eat dairy or eggs. So with Easter coming up, I am looking for ideas of things he can have instead of Easter eggs bearing in mind that he will want to join in the foodie thing as his older dd and ds will be getting quite a few chocolate eggs from grandparents, aunts and uncles. Please help

woodrunner Sun 23-Mar-14 17:01:02

Not exactly healthy but you can buy giant gummy bears in a presentation box for about £6.

You could make easter nests with rice krispies and marshmallow, then fill them with little birds and tiny toys?

If he likes almond flavour, maybe some small marzipan eggs painted with food colouring?

How about getting him one of those egg-shaped toys that unfolds to become a dinosaur, or those 'grow your own dinosaur' eggs that dissolve in water.

Or, if you live on a farm or with land, you could hatch some real eggs...

woodrunner Sun 23-Mar-14 17:01:57

Not exactly healthy but you can buy giant gummy bears in a presentation box for about £6.

You could make easter nests with rice krispies and marshmallow, then fill them with little birds and tiny toys?

If he likes almond flavour, maybe some small marzipan eggs painted with food colouring?

How about getting him one of those egg-shaped toys that unfolds to become a dinosaur, or those 'grow your own dinosaur' eggs that dissolve in water.

Or, if you live on a farm or with land, you could hatch some real eggs...

ilovepowerhoop Sun 23-Mar-14 17:03:22

you can get dairy free easter eggs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now