Talk

Advanced search

Past 'use by' date - sainsbury's TTD Bistro Prawn ready meal

(4 Posts)
Hannahr92 Sun 23-Mar-14 02:25:14

I bought a reduced "Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Bistro King Prawn & Sundried Tomato Paste Bake". The use by date says 22.03.14 and I bought it about 9pm but I wanted to eat it for lunch the day after (23.03.14).

Would it be alright to eat? It says don't freeze because it's already cooked I suppose.

If it's not alright to eat, would I be able to pick out the king prawns first and then cook the rest? There's only about 5 or 6 king prawns in there.

NurseyWursey Sun 23-Mar-14 02:36:12

I'd eat it.

You can usually eat food after it's use by dates anyway.

I'd be more wary because it's prawns though, so if you're willing to pick them out I'd do so

AwkwardSquad Sun 23-Mar-14 09:08:45

I think you'd be alright one day after the use by if you've kept it well refrigerated, but no later cos it's got prawns in. There's no point picking the prawns out, though. If they've turned, they wil have contaminated the rest of the dish.

Hannahr92 Sun 23-Mar-14 16:35:47

Having it for dinner tonight instead. I'm sure it'll be fine, the only time is wasn't kept in a fridge was the 20 mins I walked home with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now