Talk

Advanced search

What are you making today?

(20 Posts)
Doshusallie Sat 22-Mar-14 10:57:49

I am making the cheat's fish pie and the baked apples with crumble topping, both from the current Ssinsbury's magazine. Also making Jamie Oliver's chocolate brownies.

Made my inaugural toad in the hole last night, served with onion gravy and broccoli, it was pronounced, epic! grin

What's going on in your kitchen today?

guineapig2014 Sat 22-Mar-14 11:01:46

Preparing for our paddys day party. A roast ham, a salmon, bean salads etc!smile fish pie sounds delish! Must get a sainsburys mag today!

Shimmyshimmy Sat 22-Mar-14 11:48:28

Just made spicy chickpeas for brunch - they are the ultimate comfort food.

chocolateshoes Sat 22-Mar-14 11:53:15

Leek & potato soup with cheese tomato & mustard toasties for lunch.
Planning on making treacle cookies later -have never done them before but the treacle has been in the cupboard fir so long and we never use it. Then will make squid & tomato sauce to go with black pasta for tea.

Blueberry234 Sat 22-Mar-14 13:51:43

H is away at the mo so cooking for myself and preschooler. Lunch was some cheddar, feta and broccoli muffins and supper will be lemon and prawn pasta with courgettes we will make a Vic sponge tomorrow for some visiting friends

something2say Sat 22-Mar-14 15:32:29

Hiya some of these recipes sound yummy.

I just did brown rice in the rice cooker....bit of butter and pepper and let it cool.

Then added some sliced almonds. Pistachios would have been better, but didn't have any. And then a plum chopped up into really small pieces.

It is lovely! And shall become a staple of my kitchen.

Happy Saturday ladies.

HappyGirlNow Sat 22-Mar-14 16:47:28

I'm making Gennaro's (Greedy Italian) Sea Bream.. Delicious recipe, made it ages ago and been meaning to make it again ever since..

neilbottger.wordpress.com/about/2-greedy-italians/gennaros-sea-bream/

stella69x Sat 22-Mar-14 16:48:53

A Moroccan style lamb and chickpea stew in the slow cooker, which will feed the freezer in individual portions for busy week days.
Tomorrow is my proper batch cook day, but had the time this afternoon to get this on.

HyvaPaiva Sat 22-Mar-14 17:02:14

Fiery Baby Octopus with Gochujang and Kimchi.

It's from the Hairy Bikers' Asian Adventure in South Korea.

dairymoo Sat 22-Mar-14 20:58:24

Mussels cooked in cider with soda bread for lunch and asparagus & goat's cheese pizza for supper. Both were delish!

ShoeWhore Sat 22-Mar-14 21:01:11

A Jamie Oliver pasta recipe - called Pregnant Joolz pasta - delicious spicy sausage/tomato based sauce. It was yum.

Cuxibamba Sat 22-Mar-14 21:02:01

Seafood rice.

MilkRunningOutAgain Sun 23-Mar-14 18:03:27

Chicken kebabs - marinade cubed chicken breasts in crushed garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice and some sugar for an hour or so, put on skewers that have been soaking in water, grill for 10/12 minutes on medium, turn 2 or 3 times at least. Delicious!! Serve with salad and pittas.

GingerMaman Sun 23-Mar-14 18:05:56

Lamb chops with baked veg

cashewfrenzy Sun 23-Mar-14 18:08:51

Pulled pork for early Sunday lunch. Macaroons this afternoon. And mild Thai-style turkey curry for dinner.

HeyMicky Sun 23-Mar-14 18:08:52

Guests all week, so made a fish pie, a bolognaise sauce and a chilli, plus veg muffins and cheese scones for toddler lunches.

After all that work, we're having egg and chips for supper blush

cashewfrenzy Sun 23-Mar-14 18:13:43

HeyMicky please could you give me your veg muffin recipe? Sounds like the sort of lunch inspiration I need!

HeyMicky Sun 23-Mar-14 20:15:48

300g plain flour, 1 egg, 80g butter. 100g sugar. Beat butter and sugar, add a blob of vanilla and beat in egg. Sift in flour, plus a teaspoon of bicarb and some nutmeg. Add about 80g each of grated carrot, courgette and beetroot. Chopped walnuts if you'd like. Cook until they look right (my oven is a bit screwy so I can't be more exact)

cashewfrenzy Sun 23-Mar-14 20:50:47

Brilliant, thank you!

Mominatrix Sun 23-Mar-14 20:55:15

Made a cross between socca and pisaaladiere - socca base (chick pea flour pancake) with caramelised onions, olives, and anchovies on top. Also made a rhubarb custard tart for after. Yum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now