Talk

Advanced search

What to feed DS for supper...

(7 Posts)
MumOfTheMoos Fri 21-Mar-14 16:54:09

DS (2) has just started going to nursery on a Friday. Unlike at his CMs, where he has his evening meal at 5-5.30pm, at nursery they have tea at 3.30-4pm.

Given that he doesn't go to bed til 7pm, 7.30pm by the time he is asleep, I was thinking of giving him some 'supper' at around 6/6.30pm.

I had a mind to do something warm, does anyone have any suggestions?

Millipedewithherfeetup Fri 21-Mar-14 20:01:24

Soup with bread ? Jacket potsto with cheese ? Toasties ? Weetabix with warm milk ? Anything like that really, depends on what he likes and how much time you have to mske it.

Blueberry234 Fri 21-Mar-14 20:16:55

When my son eats earlier at the childminders he normally requests one of the following

Weetabix and warm milk
Porridge
Cup of warm milk with some cheese and crackers

MilkRunningOutAgain Sun 23-Mar-14 20:47:51

My DS went to nursery 3 days a week til he started school and had an early tea there. I gave him a big bowl of plain yogurt before bed most nights. He is now 11, has just gone to bed after eating a big bowl of the identical same yogurt. I think giving them another full meal after 3 at nursery, plus snacks, just isn't needed, provided of course that they eat well at nursery.

Shimmyshimmy Sun 23-Mar-14 20:50:52

I'd give him a bit of what you're having, you really don't want to be making separate meals for him, he should be just eating what you eat.

Yamyoid Mon 24-Mar-14 19:38:49

I used to give ds what we were having. Their afternoon meal was so light he'd come out of nursery starving. That's what got us into the habit of all eating together early.
However, I know lots of people who just give their dcs something light, porridge or toast, after nursery.

BlueChampagne Wed 26-Mar-14 16:25:33

If nursery tea is hot, then sandwiches would be fine. Otherwise whatever you're having, if it's ready.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now