Talk

Advanced search

What do you cook on your griddle pan?

(12 Posts)
Sunshineonsea Wed 19-Mar-14 18:22:30

My friend used one once to cook salmon and it was lovely, however I don't eat salmon frequently enough to justify buying a pan for,
So what do you cook using your griddle pan/what could be cooked?

mrspremise Wed 19-Mar-14 19:12:44

Steaks of whatever sort, bashed-and-flattened chicken breasts, slices of aubergine, slices of courgette, fresh pineapple, HALLOUMI smile

KatoPotato Wed 19-Mar-14 19:14:35

Griddle pan waffles!!

www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/eggs-recipes/griddle-pan-waffles

nicename Wed 19-Mar-14 19:20:02

Asparagus - bloody lovely served with shavings of parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.

Tofu until it is crispy

Most veggies - either in chunks (and used as a side dish or put into a veggie recipe) or cut into thin slices and served warm on salad

Bread - a nice italian bread griddled then served with sauteed veg or tomatoes, or even with a bowl of soup.

Minty82 Wed 19-Mar-14 19:23:37

Steaks - I think that's it!

Catsmamma Wed 19-Mar-14 19:24:41

I have a big double one....flat on one side and ridged on the other side

..pancakes, fried eggs, giant flat omlettes, bubble and squeak, fishcakes, toasty cheeeeeeeseeey melty delicious sandwiches on the flat side

burgers, steaks, salmon, chicken, prawns,.... other stuff on the ridged side

Catsmamma Wed 19-Mar-14 19:26:45

ooh and toasty giant cheesey croutons for soup, sort of bruchetta stylee.

but i do have a small griddle pan as well

Nocomet Wed 19-Mar-14 19:27:20

Bacon, yesterday.

DD2 didn't want what everyone else was having, griddle pan is nice and small (very small cooker when all rings are in use). Stripy bacon looks "cool" and it doesn't go too crispy (something else DD2 moans about).

Mintyy Wed 19-Mar-14 19:27:52

Steak, lamb chops, burgers, aubergines, courgettes. Anything that can be enhanced by stripes!

CurlsLDN Wed 19-Mar-14 19:34:40

We often have 'home made nandos' - you can buy some nice jars of pre-mixed spices, eg Piri Piri or lemon and herb. Lightly dust a chicken Breast with that, cook it on both sides on griddle, serve with coleslaw and salad or chips. Yum!

Sunshineonsea Wed 19-Mar-14 21:03:39

Some brilliant suggestions here thank you
Keep them coming!

JamNan Thu 20-Mar-14 10:15:33

Aubergines - the grooves in the pan makes such pretty lattice patterns. When they are all crispy round the edges lay some mint and feta on them roll up the slices and serve. Also makes a moussaka look pretty with criss crosses on the courgettes or other sliced veg. I've had mine 40 years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now