Advanced search

Funny shaped whisk

(7 Posts)
Redpriestandmozart Wed 19-Mar-14 15:47:03

Does anyone know what this style of whisk is called and where in the UK or Canada sells them? I have seen it on a youtube cooking video (2nd image) and it would be perfect for me but I don't see them anywhere online for sale. The only image (1st image) is from a manufacturing site, they seem to call it a stamen or bloomy style.

Unlike a normal whisk all the prongs are separate and get the the edge of a saucepan well, great for making white sauce smile

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 19-Mar-14 15:49:56

Dunno. But there is this one - has bobbles on the end ?

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 19-Mar-14 15:51:37

ooh - this one has loops on th ends

(now obsessively looking at whisk shapes...)

JamNan Thu 20-Mar-14 10:18:15

Is it a milk frother?

Redpriestandmozart Thu 20-Mar-14 19:27:03

Thank you, still no luck finding one but the amazon ball one looks good. Don't think it's a frother, when I put that into google it came up with completely different shape! I will continue to look smile

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 20-Mar-14 21:40:50

I think it's a variation on a coil or spring whisk.

Redpriestandmozart Fri 21-Mar-14 12:09:12

After some more research, it appears it is called a rainbow whisk or butterfly whisk on the left is the one I am after. This other one is called a squid whisk and I would settle for that if I couldn't get the silicone coated one!

I am being a bit fussy but I do love the one I am after!

I found one here but can't see how to buy it online in the UK

I think I need to go out and check a few cook shops as it may only be available in smaller independent stores. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: