Talk

Advanced search

Can you do anything nice with sardines?

(6 Posts)
BertieBotts Tue 11-Mar-14 08:00:56

I bought some because I quite like sardines on toast but the tin was bigger than I expected and I don't fancy using the rest up with more.

Plus they aren't as nice in oil as they are with tomato sauce sad I have another tin to use up at some point. Any ideas?

JamNan Tue 11-Mar-14 08:11:18

Make a puff pastry tart and fill with sardines, tomatoes and olives - maybe some caramelised onions?

Would it make a pizza topping?

Can't beat mashed sardines with tomatoes on toast I like a dash of vinegar on it.

mrsnec Tue 11-Mar-14 08:21:24

Somebody was on the other day talking about a Scandinavian recipe that sounded like a dauphinoise but with spuds and onions layered with the tinned sardines I haven't tried it yet or found a link to it so maybe someone else will come back with that? I think it sounds yum!

TheWomanWithTheMysteriousLump Tue 11-Mar-14 08:22:32

Pasta sauce with onion, fennel, saffron, pine nuts and sultanas.

TheWomanWithTheMysteriousLump Tue 11-Mar-14 08:24:18

The scandivanian thing sounds like Jansen's Temptatipn - although that's normally anchovies not sardines I think.

TheWomanWithTheMysteriousLump Tue 11-Mar-14 08:26:09

The scandivanian thing sounds like Jansen's Temptatipn - although that's normally anchovies not sardines I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now