Talk

Advanced search

I went to the shops with no list. can anyone help me make a meal out of these vegetables?

(9 Posts)
Toowittoowoo Mon 10-Mar-14 15:43:40

I always meal plan - and I mean always, even as a feckless student! Unfortunately today I was near tne supermarket and thought I'd just pick some stuff up before I write list as I have busy week. Now I have a pile of vegetables and no idea what we can eat. I've planned most meals but I am left with

1/2 pack of mushrooms
huge amounts of uncooked beetroot from the garden
courgette
1/2 broccoli
1/2 red pepper
loads of potatoes from the garden
onions
Loads of Jerusalem artichokes from the garden
carrots

I need at least 1 evening meal and one lunch out of these ingredients - is this possible? I am feeding 2 adults and 1 hungry 3yr old and we all eat everything. I have a well stocked store cupboard and I can pick up some additional ingredients if necessary.

Can anyone help - I am stumped?

Giraffeski Mon 10-Mar-14 15:48:54

Off the top of my head, Beetroot, potatoes and carrots will do you a Roots Manoeuvre curry, will look up recipe, it's an Abel and cole one.

Giraffeski Mon 10-Mar-14 15:49:33

And some sort of stir fry for lunch with peppers, broccoli, courgette and mushrooms?

BillyAndBamBam Mon 10-Mar-14 15:51:20

Stew or a rattetouille of some sort?

Giraffeski Mon 10-Mar-14 15:52:00

here you go

It suggests Jerusalem artichokes too so that's Beetroot, onions, carrots, potatoes and JA dealt with

Giraffeski Mon 10-Mar-14 15:52:52

And also just to say- our whole family loves that recipe, it's very filling and everyone from the baby to DP wolfs it down.

Giraffeski Mon 10-Mar-14 15:53:52

Have you eggs? Maybe a big frittata with the broccoli, mushrooms and peppers?

minkersmum Mon 10-Mar-14 16:43:23

Mmm that curry sounds yum!! Will add that to this weeks meals!! Thanks!

Toowittoowoo Tue 11-Mar-14 06:36:32

That roots manoeuvre curry looks perfect. The stirfry is also a good idea but we are out of noodles so same of thing I will either do some bean and veg fahijtas or egg fried rice with finely chopped veg inside.

thank you guys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now