Talk

Advanced search

what should I do with cream?!

(10 Posts)
birdbrain21 Sun 09-Mar-14 11:30:26

We had guests over the weekend and I made a desert that had cream in the recipie and I have 300ml left over and not sure what to do with it other then ice cream...I don't mind if it's a fancy dish or desert I'll just put it in the freezer if I can't use it now but the cream has already been frozen so can't refreeze it without making it into something.
Ideas please!

JeanSeberg Sun 09-Mar-14 17:25:10

Trifle
Eton mess

birdbrain21 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:05:42

thanks trifle is a good idea it's my birthday on tuesday so I'll make it as a dessert even though wouldn't normally have trifle during the week smile

Shimmyshimmy Sun 09-Mar-14 21:13:54

Chocolate truffles, potatoes dauphinoise, scones with cream, mashed potatoes, apple tart and cream, pavlova, tiramisu, apple/rurbarb puffs, fudge...I never have a problem using up double cream!

birdbrain21 Sun 09-Mar-14 23:21:25

I never normally buy cream, I like it but not really a massive fan so would never have thought of half of those. I made pavlova for the weekend that's why I had lefover cream to start with!

CalamityKate Sun 09-Mar-14 23:32:32

Just have a slurp every time you pass the fridge!

spilttheteaagain Mon 10-Mar-14 08:40:32

cheesecake? My MIL freezes hers and they are lovely.

JeanSeberg Mon 10-Mar-14 08:47:08

Cocktails if it's your birthday tomorrow!

Catsmamma Mon 10-Mar-14 08:50:16

Bread and butter pudding? Something custardy?

Make floaty boozy coffees.....italiano classico for me...I'll bring the amaretto.

birdbrain21 Mon 10-Mar-14 09:11:32

Thanks for all the ideas think the winner is trifle i've got all the ingrediants needed and not made one for ages smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now